Saturday, August 7, 2010

#4 Web 2 Whats it all about

Procrastination is the thief of time. soooooo very true. It is no different with the net. To search is to be sidetracked.. I was asked to help out with the Librarians position until it could be filled. Well that was 3 terms ago and I am still here. I eyes have been out on stalks and my jaw on the ground not a pretty site but I have never felt so overwhelmed by a situation. This is coming from someone who has moved house so many times my children ask for a new house for christmas, I have worked in over 16 schools in various teaching positions, I teach preschool tap for heavens sake! I have dealt with plenty that life has thrown my way. But I am utterly gobsmacked by the magnitude of this seemingly unobtrusive piece of technology, do I get it, no not all of it. I am not a systems person, I am social but not a social networker, I want to be however life style has prevented this sometimes.
I am not afraid of this just in awe of it, and it has not clicked yet. I am not savey with it and not free enought to experiment with its capabilities. this is why I signed up. I want it to make sence. Yes I google, yes I use ebay yes I buy off amazon yes I have a yahoo account. So I too am entrenched, but there is so much I want and need to know. I guess after reading this weeks papers, this was what was on my mind. Embarressed, alittle, but prepared to change this. I will go back and read again.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Don't be embarrassed! Everyone feels this way when they are starting out and look what you have achieved already. The best way to get through this is just to try things. Use those skills gleaned through Yahoo and eBay and Google and click through, explore. I am always here if you get in a jam! (Bearing in mind I might be next to useless if you do accidentally sign away your firstborn in exchange for a video download)

    ReplyDelete